Lipoma is a growth of fat cells below the skin, usually on the head, neck, arms, and underarms. They are noncancerous and harmless, but can be irritating for many.
What Are the Symptoms of a Lipoma?
Lipomas are tiny, about one to three centimeters in size. Interestingly, they are movable and have a rubbery consistency. They rarely cause pain, but the most troublesome symptom is that the location or size can make the noticeable to others, causing self-esteem issues.
As they rarely cause pain, lipomas are usually untreated. If one becomes infected or painful, it can be safely removed by a health care professional. Lipomas affect all age groups but most commonly middle-aged mrn and women. The cause isn’t fully comprehended, but it is believed that the tendency to develop them is inherited.
Removing and Treating Lipomas
Lipoma may be body`s way of trying to eliminate material like waste and toxins. It is believed that lipoma forms because the body is out of balance and cannot process the waste through the kidneys or liver. The skin is the largest organ in the human body, so it is no wonder that the body is trying to release the waste through the skin.
If you are looking for a way to remove them naturally, check out the home remedies below.
Natural Oil and Herb Ointment
- Neem oil is a potent astringent which protects the skin. It is a critical part of Indian medicine, particularly in lipoma treatment.
- Flaxseed is packed with omega-3 and omega-6 fats, which help reduce inflammation naturally.
- Green tea is an excellent source of antioxidants which regulates fatty tissue and blood sugar levels, so it serves as a great base.
- Mix neem oil, flaxseed, and cooled green tea to make an ointment that reduces both the size and appearance of lipomas.
Honey and Flour
- Mix raw honey with some flour and apply the paste onto the skin lump. The mix should be fairly thick, as the thickness of the application should be 1/2-1 cm in depth.
- Cover the lipoma with a bandage or paper towel to keep the mixture in place.
- Keep the mixture for 24-36 hours, then remove it and repeat.
- Repeat the method a couple of times, and make the treatment last for a week.
Turmeric and Chickweed Salve
- Take six tablespoons of organic extra virgin olive oil, two tablespoons of organic beeswax, a tablespoon of chickweed powder, and a tablespoon of turmeric.
- Melt the beeswax in a pot and then stir in the olive oil
- When they are fully combined, remove from heat and add the herbs
- Transfer the cooled mixture to a jar
- Apply onto the affected area and cover